Wednesday, October 15, 2008

LinkedIn - Discovering the Value of Community

Like many people, I have a profile on Linkedin.com and I have a few recommendations.  I didn't full understand LinkedIN and the potential it had for me until I learned about the groups.  LinkedIN groups offer individuals the ability to join a larger body of people interested in the same subjects as you.  You can start discussion in your groups, email members, etc.  

It is really the discussions that interest me most as I have the ability to introduce a topic and get a ton of community feedback.  Feedback from both business and potential clients that gives me better insight into the market from both sides.  My first discussion post resulted in over 30 thoughtful replies and the feedback and knowledge gained will certainly enter my business and strategy.

I highly recommend joining some groups on LinkedIn and creating your own.  I have joined the Internation Society for Technology in Eduation (ISTE), Technology in Education,  K12 Tech and EdNet.   Obviously some groups are better than others and you willrealize that as you start to participate.

Another great feature of LinkedIn is the abiity to ask questions of the general population and get answers.  It is very simply getting free help and consulting, often time from experts.  Great stuff.  Check it out.

No comments: